The cabinet is very concerned about the British and other variants of the corona virus. The British variant appears to be even more contagious than the virus that we already know. That is why stricter measures are needed in the Netherlands, including a curfew. We will explain what that means.
Curfew in the Netherlands
The curfew in the Netherlands applies, From Saturday 23 January 2021, daily from 10:00 PM to 4:30 AM. It is forbidden to be on the street without a valid reason. Everyone must stay at home. The curfew is valid until Wednesday April 28, 2021 4:30 AM. If you go outside without a valid reason, you risk a fine of € 95.
This drastic measure is there to counter the reception of visitors and encounters in groups. Experts say that many people get infected when family and friends get together. In addition, research shows that curfews help to slow the spread of the virus.
How does curfew work?
- – Stay at home between 9:00 PM and 4:30 AM.
- – Only go outside when necessary. This is only allowed for the following valid reasons:
- – In case of a calamity.
- – If you, a person in need of help or an animal needs urgent (medical) help.
- – If your employer requires you to go outside for work.
- – When you travel abroad or return to the Netherlands.
- – If you are on the road in connection with a funeral and can prove this.
- – If you are on the road in connection with a summons from a judge, public prosecutor or objection or appeal hearing and can prove this.
- – If you walk a dog on a leash, you do this alone.
If it is necessary to go outside, you must have a form with you. You can read all the information about this at: www.rijksoverheid.nl/avondklok
This rule applies immediately (since 20-01-2021).
- – Receive a maximum of 1 person per day at home (excluding children up to and including 12 years).
- – Visit a maximum of once a day.
- – Outside: group of maximum 2 people or 1 household.
This information comes from the national government (Netherlands). Always keep an eye on the central government website for the most up-to-date information.
Contact with Techvisie
As an employee of Techvisie, do you have questions about the corona measures? Then contact your account manager.